Loved Ones Valentine’s Day Heart Garland
The season of love is a great time to remind yourself of those you hold dear. This craft is the perfect activity to help your children remember all their loved ones that they are thankful for.
- Construction paper (red, white, or pink works best)
- Black washable marker
- Scissors or a paper cutter (adult supervision required)
- Cut your construction paper into strips that are 1 inch wide and 8 inches long.
- Write down the name of a friend or family member that you love on a construction paper strip.
- Bend the construction paper strip with your loved one’s name on it in half.
- Repeat step 3 using a blank strip of construction paper.
5. Staple the two folded strips together, creating a heart shape.
6. Repeat steps 1-4 for the next heart. Once the heart is created slide the end into the middle of the first heart.
7. Once the hearts are connected, staple the hearts together.
8. Continue this process stapling each new heart to the previous one to create the garland.
9. Have your family take time to think about all the people that you love. Write down each of their names on a separate heart until you have filled up your garland with everyone that your family is grateful for!