Valentine’s Day Marbled Milk STEAM Activity for All Ages
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a fun and easy STEAM science activity that teaches children about chemical reactions. It only takes a few common household items to create a beautiful marbled heart!
- Dish Soap
- Red Food Coloring
- Clear or White Dish
- Valentine Cookie Cutter
- Add enough milk to cover the bottom of the white or clear dish.
- Place the valentine cookie cutter in the middle of the dish.
- Add a few drops of the red food coloring to the milk inside the cookie cutter.
- Dip a Q-Tip in the dish soap and dab it on the food coloring.
- Use a dry Q-tip to swirl the colors and create beautiful designs!
- What happened when the dish soap touched the food coloring?
- Did everything eventually mix together?
- What color did this experiment create?