Kids Indoor Winter Activity: Exploding Snowman
Kids STEAM Science Exploding Snowman
This simple STEAM experiment is an excellent project requiring only a few materials and steps for kids. It’s the perfect boredom buster for the freezing days where you’re stuck inside.
- Sandwich Bag
- Permanent Markers
- Baking Soda
- Paper Towel
- Give the sandwich bag to your kid to decorate with permanent markers. This is a good opportunity to teach your kid how to draw a snowman’s face.
- Wrap 3 tsp of baking soda inside a piece of paper towel or tissue.
- Place the baking soda packet inside the plastic bag.
- Pour about 1-2 cups of white vinegar into the sandwich bag and seal the bag quickly. It should swell up quickly.
- Stand back and watch it explode!