Are you looking for a new festive holiday treat to make? As you prepare for the holidays, it can be difficult to find the time for hours of holiday baking, especially when you have young children. These delicious chocolate peppermint protein balls are the perfect alternative to holiday cookies as they are fast and easy to make and require no baking! Holiday protein balls are great option that the whole family can enjoy at your next holiday gathering!
How to Make Holiday Chocolate Peppermint Protein Balls
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter (can substitute with sun butter)
- ¼ cup pea protein power
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons crushed candy canes* (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons water (if needed)
- Put all ingredients except for the candy canes and water into a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add water if needed. You may not need any water if your almond butter is runny. Start with a teaspoon and slowly add until you get a well-mixed batter. If you add too much, then the batter will be too soft to roll.
- Add the crushed candy canes and mix again (optional).
- Allow time for the batter to chill in the fridge while you clean up, then roll the mixture into balls.
- Top with more crushed candy canes (optional).
*This activity requires adult supervision, as candy canes could be a choking hazard.
In search of more wonderful holiday-inspired goodies? Check out some of New Horizon Academy’s other delicious Kid’s Cuisine recipes below.