Homemade Galaxy Play Dough for Kids
Create play dough that is out of this world! With just a few ingredients, you and your child will have a blast making galaxy play dough that will look like it came straight from outer space!
How to Make Galaxy Play Dough
Galaxy Play Dough Materials:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup salt
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Black gel food coloring
- 1 tbsp blue glitter
- 1 tbsp pink glitter
- 1 tbsp black glitter
- 1 tbsp silver glitter
- Mixing bowl
- ¾ cup boiling water
Galaxy Play Dough Instructions:
- Add flour, salt, cream of tartar, and vegetable oil to a bowl and mix.
- Add several squirts of black food coloring to the mixture, followed by the glitter.
- Heat the water until boiling and pour it into the bowl with the mixture.
- Stir was the water cools, then mix with your hands until you get a doughy texture.
- When the dough is completely cool, add more glitter, and you have yourself some homemade galaxy play dough!
*This activity requires adult supervision, as boiling water can be a hazard to young children. Play dough should not be eaten.
Kids STEAM Questions:
- What does the play dough look like?
- How does the play dough feel?
- What shapes can you mold the play dough into?
Looking for other great child sensory activities? Check out some of these children’s activity ideas below.
New Horizon Academy is a nationally recognized early learning provider with over 90 schools in Minnesota, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and Kansas. Through play-based curriculum and high-quality daycare, New Horizon Academy schools nurture and prepare children to succeed in school and in life.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our highly trained teachers, safe and secure facilities, and commitment to providing the highest quality care. Contact a New Horizon Academy childcare center near you today!