Groundhog Day is a fun tradition that is said to forecast when the end of winter will come. Enjoy this Groundhog Day craft with your little ones to predict if we will have an early spring or six more weeks of winter!
1. Paper plate
3. Two googly eyes
4. Washable colored markers
1. Fold the paper plate in half and create a crease along the line.
2. Use scissors to cut out the outline of the groundhog’s body.
3. Decorate the plate with markers to create the groundhog and grass.
4. Glue the googly eyes onto the groundhog.
5. Fold the groundhog along the crease to let it stand.
6. Bring your groundhog outside to see if you can find its shadow. If you can see the groundhog’s shadow, it means that there will be six more weeks of winter. If the groundhog’s shadow is not found, it is predicted that the year will have an early spring!