Here are four fun table top activities that are great for building fine motor skills!
Muffin Tin Sorting
- Find a variety of small objects that can be picked up with tongs (pom-poms, cotton balls, small toys, etc.)
- Have children use tongs to pick up objects and place them in each of the muffin tin spots.
Cheerio Fine Motor
- Place a chunk of play dough on a table or hard surface.
- Stick an uncooked spaghetti noodle into the play dough.
- Have children string Cheerios onto the spaghetti noodle.
- Draw large shapes or letters on a piece of paper.
- Have children use stickers to trace the shape or letter.
Card Slot Drop
- Find a container with a lid and cut a slit in the top.
- Have children drop cards into the slot, and then take the cover off and count how many they got in!
New Horizon Academy is a nationally recognized early education provider with over 90 schools across Minnesota, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and Kansas. Our research-based curriculum and top-tier daycare facilities are designed to foster children’s growth and prepare them for success in school and in life.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our highly qualified educators, safe and secure facilities, and commitment to providing the highest quality care. Contact a New Horizon Academy childcare center near you!