Looking for a fun way to incorporate vegetables into your child’s diet? Try our kid-friendly Cheese and Vegetable Kabobs! The best part about this quick and easy snack is that there are so many ways to make it your own. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a bag of cubed cheese (it can be any kind of cheese) and a couple of your child’s favorite vegetables. For this recipe, New Horizon Academy used tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. However, feel free to use other vegetables such as carrots or broccoli for your kabobs.
This easy and healthy snack recipe only takes minutes to make! Your child will be sure to enjoy these delicious cheese and vegetable kabobs.
How to Make Kid-Friendly Cheese and Vegetable Kabobs
- Cheese cubes
- Cubed or sliced vegetables (We used tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers)
- Popsicle sticks or kabob skewers
- Cut cheese and vegetables in cubes or slices. Be sure to slice thick enough to skewer.
- Gently slide the cheese and vegetables onto skewers, alternating as you go.
- Serve alone or with a side of vegetable dip.
Looking for more great ways to encourage your child to eat vegetables? Check out New Horizon Academy’s blog for National Eat Your Vegetables Day for more helpful tips.