Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Total time to prepare and bake is 30 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk dairy, almond, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I like to use chocolate chunks.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin and line with parchment liners.
- Place butter in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave.
- Add the pumpkin, honey or pure maple syrup, and milk to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the pumpkin pie spice.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the flour and chocolate chips. Be careful to not over mix the batter.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan (a large scoop makes this quick and easy). Add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins if desired.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins can be stored wrapped airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.