How to Make Your Own Olympic Ring Toss at Home
Have fun practicing your color recognition skills all while transforming your family into a dream team with this Olympic Ring Toss activity!
- Cardboard (Start collecting your cardboard boxes!)
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting surface
- 2 circular objects to use as a stencil
- Pencil, for tracing
- Washable paint and brushes
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Step 1: Use the pencil and two stencils to trace the desired shape of the rings onto the cardboard.
- Step 2: Cut out the tracings using the X-Acto knife. Make sure to use a cutting surface underneath the cardboard for safety.
- Step 3: Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for all five rings.
- Step 4: Paint each ring a different color. (We used blue, black, red, yellow, and green!)
- Step 5: Once each ring is dry, use your hot glue gun to glue each of the rings together.
- Step 6: Tie string to both top end rings and find a good place to hang it. Try between two trees, on a playset, deck, or between two chairs if you are playing indoors.
How to Play:
- Choose a place for each player to throw from. Have the first player get ready to take their turn!
- Have one player choose the color each player will be attempting to score into. This is a great way for your child to practice with colors!
- Either keep score of how many correctly colored rings each player scores into, or have fun with it and create your own rules!