Create Your Own Backyard Mini Golf Course
Looking for an easy way to entertain your child and have fun together as a family? Well, look no further. At New Horizon Academy, we have a great hands-on activity to do together as a family—create your own backyard mini golf course!
Backyard Mini Golf Course
- Recycled empty boxes, paper towel tubes, newspaper, wrapping paper tube, and containers
- Construction paper
- Plastic golf balls or ping-pong balls
- Bamboo skewers
- Pool noodles (optional)
- Gather recycled boxes.
- Cut out large holes in the front and back of the box. This requires adult supervision, as boxes are challenging to cut.
- Paint or use markers to decorate the boxes. Get creative! The decorated boxes will serve as the golf holes, so create as many as you like.
- Use the construction paper, markers, tape, and bamboo skewers to create golf flags. Cut a triangle out of the construction paper. Write a number on the golf flag. Then tape the golf flag to the bamboo skewer.
- Then head outside to set up your golf course. Place the golf holes throughout your backyard. Then place the golf flags in numerical order.
DIY Golf Club
- Rolled newspaper or wrapping paper tube
- Duct tape
- Gather materials.
- Use cardboard and cut out the clubhead. This requires adult supervision, as boxes are challenging to cut.
- If you are using newspaper, tightly roll up the newspaper and cover with duct tape. If you are using a wrapping paper tube, stuff with newspaper, and cover with duct tape.
- Tape the materials together to make the club.
Have fun playing mini golf!