Compassionate Reading List
Read books about kindness and compassion with your child, and use reflection questions to deepen your child’s understanding to create a truly meaningful experience. Here are a few of our favorite books and reflection questions to encourage meaningful conversations about kindness and compassion.
by Jon J. Muth
- How does sharing and giving change a community?
Thank you, Omu!
by Oge Mora
- Can you think of three people you would like to write a thank you letter to?
- Who are they and what would you say? If you have time, write those letters!
Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
by Carol McCloud
- How can you spot an empty bucket?
- And what can you do to fill it up?
The Secret of Saying Thanks
by Douglas Wood
- Can you name three things that you are grateful for or three things that made you smile?
I Can Make a Difference: A Treasury to Inspire Our Children
by Marian Wright Edelman
- How would you know if someone was having a bad day and may need a little extra kindness?