Carrot Apple Muffins are the perfect fall recipe for a morning breakfast or after-school snack. These muffins are a great way to mix in both fruit and vegetables into one easy treat and will leave your house smelling amazing as you bake them. Not to mention the apple carrot muffins taste delicious too!
Your child can quickly enjoy this grab-and-go snack as they head off to school or arrive home from school. If you’re a fan of muffins or apple-cinnamon flavored foods, your family must try Apple Carrot Muffins!
Everything You Need for Making Carrot Apple Muffins
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 9 tablespoons water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 medium apple (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
Instructions for Carrot Apple Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed and water. Stir a few times to combine and let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a blender, add rolled oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend until the oats look like a coarse flour.
- Add the flax seed and water mixture, vanilla, honey, apple, carrots, coconut oil, and almond milk to the blender until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Evenly portion out the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
Did you love making Carrot Apple Muffins? Try New Horizon Academy’s recipe for Pumpkin Muffins!