20 Questions to Ask Your Child to Get Them Talking
“Did you have fun at day care?”
“Did you learn anything new?”
“Are you hungry for dinner?”
Many parents can probably relate to getting these one-word answers from their children. So how do we get our children to open up and have more meaningful conversations?
Find a New Horizon School Near You
20 Questions to Ask your Children
Here is a list of 20 open-ended questions to ask your children in the car, at the dinner table, or anytime you want to get them talking.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- What makes you happy?
- If you opened a store, what would you sell?
- If you could be any animal, what kind would you be?
- What would you do if you made the rules at home?
- What is the ickiest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could have any superpower, what would you have?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- What is your favorite food?
- How would you describe a perfect day for yourself?
- What do you think you are good at?
- If you had to live with a cartoon character, who would you pick?
- How would you describe your family?
- What is something you’d like to learn how to do?
- What would you do with $1,000?
- Which holiday do you like the most and why?
- What is something that makes you laugh?
- Why is the sky blue?
- What made you smile today?
See what our friends had to say below!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
New Horizon Academy is a nationally recognized early learning provider with over 90 schools in Minnesota, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and Kansas. Through play-based curriculum and high-quality daycare, New Horizon Academy schools nurture and prepare children to succeed in school and in life.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our highly trained teachers, safe and secure facilities, and commitment to providing the highest quality care. Contact a New Horizon Academy childcare center near you today!