Spinach Banana Muffins Recipe
Are you looking for a way to incorporate more vegetables into your child’s diet? These delicious spinach banana muffins will be sure to be a family favorite.
How to Make Spinach Banana Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (You can also use all-purpose or whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (You can also use granulated sugar)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (You can also use butter) – slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners or grease muffin tin well.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add the egg, milk, oil, vanilla, bananas, and spinach to blender. Blend well until smooth.
- Pour spinach mixture into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Let the spinach banana muffins cool completely and enjoy!
Did your family love these kid-friendly Spinach Banana Muffins? Check out some of these other delicious muffin recipes below!
New Horizon Academy is a nationally recognized early learning provider with over 90 schools in Minnesota, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and Kansas. Through play-based curriculum and high-quality daycare, New Horizon Academy schools nurture and prepare children to succeed in school and in life.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our highly trained teachers, safe and secure facilities, and commitment to providing the highest quality care. Contact a New Horizon Academy childcare center near you today!