This fun winter activity doubles as an educational exercise for kids! This snowman name craft is the perfect activity for children to practice writing their names and work on their handwriting and fine motor skills.
How to Make a Name Snowman
- Construction paper (white plus another color for the snowman’s hat)
- Googly Eyes*
- Variety of craft supplies (jewels, buttons, pom-poms, etc.)*
- Cut out circle shapes from the white construction paper. Cut one circle for each letter in your child’s name. These will form the snowman’s body.
- Cut one additional white circle shape to use for the snowman’s head.
- Using another color of construction paper, cutout a hat shape for the snowman’s hat.
- Glue the circles together to create the shape of snowman.
- Glue the hat to the top of the circles.
- Decorate the snowman with a variety of craft supplies for as you desire.
- Using the marker, have your child write their name on the snowman (one letter per circle).
- Hang on display for others to see.
*Adult supervision is required for this activity, as craft supplies such as buttons, googly eyes, and jewels can be a choking hazard.
Looking for other great winter craft ideas? Check out some other fun activities below: