In honor of National Hydration Day, we thought we would share a bit of information and some helpful hints to ensure your child is drinking enough water. Research shows that water helps children feel good, focus, concentrate, and it provides your child with the necessary energy and brainpower to help him learn. Here are six simple tips to help you child stay hydrated all year long.
- Encourage – Encourage your child to drink water before, after, and during physical activity, even if they do not like it!
- Offer – Always offer water with meals and snacks.
- Add Fruit – Try adding slices of fruits such as lemons, oranges, pineapple, and strawberries to water for variety and flavor. Create taste test challenges and experiment by adding cucumbers or mint.
- Make Drinking Water Fun – Let your kids select their own reusable water bottle and decorate it with stickers, markers, puffy paint, etc. Serve water in colorful glasses and add a fun, silly straw.
- Role Model – Be a role model and drink water, too.
- Chart – Use our Hydration Chart as a fun way to inspire water drinking for you and your child.