Peeps® may not be the best for your health, but the candy does make for a great experiment! Try our Peeps® experiment where your family will observe and predict what will happen to each Peep in different liquids!
How to Create a Peeps® Marshmallow Experiment
Ingredients and Materials
- 3 pieces of Peeps® candy
- 3 cups or jars
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Pour each type of liquid into the three cups, keeping the different liquids separate
- Add one Peep marshmallow to each cup and wait at least ten minutes.
- Investigate what happened to the marshmallow and the liquid! You can even take the marshmallows out of the liquids to touch and feel the differences.
Peeps® Marshmallow Video Tutorial
Questions to Ask Your Child After the Experiment
- What did the different liquids do to each marshmallow?
- Did any of the Peeps® sink? If so, which ones?
- What happened to the color of the Peeps® and the liquid?
Wasn’t this Peeps® experiment interesting? You can find similar activities in our Family Resource Library, along with craft ideas, parenting tips, book recommendations, and more.
New Horizon Academy is a nationally recognized early learning provider with over 90 schools in Minnesota, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and Kansas. Through play-based curriculum and high-quality daycare, New Horizon Academy schools nurture and prepare children to succeed in school and in life.
Schedule a tour to learn more about our highly trained teachers, safe and secure facilities, and commitment to providing the highest quality care. Contact a New Horizon Academy childcare center near you today!